For the term “digital marketer,” Google will return more than 7.2 million hits, and another 50 million results for “digital marketing career.”
The demand for talent in the fast-paced and dynamic field of digital marketing is always rising. More than 80% of businesses, according to a study by Mondo, a digital marketing and technology resourcing company, aim to boost their digital marketing expenses over the next 12 to 18 months, according to a recent Ad Age piece. The enormous mismatch between supply and demand has made it difficult to find top talent, despite increases in marketing budgets.
People now have the option to swap occupations and discover a stream that is compatible with their interests thanks to Digital Marketing’s provision of specialisation areas including content, strategy, analytics, video marketing, and mobile marketing. An increase in contract and freelancing job opportunities is another trend. Finding the proper opportunity in the midst of all this activity can be challenging, especially for young aspirants.
You might find these ten suggestions useful:
1) Explore and educate yourself: The field of digital media is vast. While keeping up with current events is a good idea, it’s crucial to choose a niche and become an expert in it.
2) Network and develop: The heart of digital marketing is networking. It’s crucial to keep active on social media and maintain connections with the appropriate individuals. You can expand your network by participating in Twitter chats, offline events, webinars, and more. In addition to learning something new, you can run into a possible employer.
3) Never stop learning: Reading frequently is the best approach to increase your knowledge. Join industry newsletters and receive information from market titans. A few hours every day dedicated to updates will be well spent.
4) Communicate and exchange ideas: Whether offline or online, take part in conversations about and form opinions about events in the digital sphere, and regularly share them. If you haven’t already, start a blog where you can showcase your successes and abilities. Your online impact is measured by your Klout score. A Klout score over 60 is seen as favorable and demonstrates your network’s influence.
5) Gain exposure through freelancing, internships, competitions, and certifications. Take advantage of the options you can find online or through recommendations.
6) Develop a love of numbers: The digital data analytics market is a $1 billion sector of the economy. Without the data to show performance, marketing is incomplete, which is where analytics come into play. You have a promising career in digital research if you have a knack for reason, logic, and analysis.
7) Micro-study: Keep an eye on how brands use social media to promote themselves and make a list of your favorites. Investigate more to learn more about their tactics, advantages and disadvantages, etc. This will provide you more understanding of how branding functions and eventually help you succeed in job interviews.
8) Sharpen your software abilities. One of the most often used programs in daily life is Microsoft Office. Try to go beyond the basics when learning. Don’t wait for your company to provide you with a PowerPoint or massive data sheets to work on.
9) Make connections and cultivate your network before your favorite companies announce any relevant employment openings. Instead, try developing a stronger relationship with them by following and interacting with them on social media and taking advantage of any chance you can.
10) Don’t give up: There may be instances when, despite your best efforts, you are not given the opportunity to land your dream job. Don’t give up. Asking for comments after a bad job interview result is a smart practice. By implementing the suggestions, you can prevent repeating the error in the future.